Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rest of the week

This week was my last hard week before a recovery week. I have had a great week and its not over yet I still have 3 day left but all is going well so far. Yesterday I did a Tempo 50km ride Bricked into a 10km run. I ran a 36:00. I did it on a trial that runs along a river so they are working on the flood damage from the spring. There is a ton of sand that slows you down and eats at the legs and there is 600m of a rock garden so it slows you down to a jog. Its perfect for me to run on since I am working on getting use to running on sand, single track, rocks, etc. Xterra is going to be a hard 10km run so I need to get my body used to running on some more uneven things.

I think I already posted this but I will not be racing Milton. I will be doing the swim and then pulling out. It is to close to a big race the next weekend. I am ready to rock and roll for it. My goals for the race is to get out of the water with the second pack and run sub 17 for 5km I think I will be able to do this going by what I have run in the last few weeks.