Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busting out a fast 5km

Today was a long day of training/Racing! I started off by racing a 5km in Kitchener. It started off great I was running fast but not killing myself. I ran threw the 2km mark at 6:05 that's when I slowed down and started to hurt hard from 2km-3km I was in a world of hurt running threw the 3km mark at 9:30. I was in third place with 4th storming his way up to me. Shortly after the 3km marker I got a second wind and opened a gap on 4th and started to run with some jump in the last 400m I really pushed I wanted to go 16:00-16:15 and I ran threw at 16:11 I am super happy with this result. Its a very hilly course so I still think I can get to 16:00.

Ps, the winner ran 15:05!

As for the rest of the day I did a 26km mountain bike ride and felt alot better then I thought. I had low air pressure so i was working hard that's for sure!