Monday, May 25, 2009

KOS Race


What a weekend! Dave and I went down on Friday to start are work setting up the course. Everyone worked so hard setting up and running the races but it paid off. Watching the kids have fun at there first Triathlon was all the pay back i needed for the work we put in. It made me think about my first triathlon...I was 4 years old and did it with training wheels.

As for training I did a 2 hour ride on the Saturday with the group and on the Sunday Dave Sharratt and I did the 5km race we ran a tempo 17:30. If you look at the results it says Jen Hall was 3rd but it was Actually Dave. To day I had an awesome day.

50km bike ride with some hard pick ups bricked off into a run workout.

1km warm up then 5x1km on 5mins then 2km cool down

1. 2:56
2. 2:56
3. 2:57
4. 2:59
5. 2:59

All and all I am very happy to be running this fast after a bike ride. Dave Sharratt and I are trying to get in some open water swimming this week.