Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mountian bike race!

So as some of you may know the last Mountain bike race I wanted to do didn't end up working out because of being sick. I am making up for that race tomorrow. I will be racing in expert men at 1:30pm at Albion hills. My goal for the race is to A. have fun B. see what my mountain bike fitness looks like, I will be doing an xterra race in late August and I am still working on getting my body used to 35km+ of mountain biking. So its a great opportunity to see how my body will feel after a hard 35km effort. Also looking ahead, the Waterloo Duathlon is very close (May 18Th) I am getting myself ready for a great race there. I have been feeling strong on the bike and even stronger off the bike so we will see what comes of it.

Today the car Broke down on the way to swimming so not wanting to miss swim practise I ran the last 2km to the pool it was a nice warm up. It was the first swim practise since been sick that i really felt strong and fast in the water. I will also be starting to think about getting in some open water training so fingers crossed the weather gets a little warmer!

Karsten Madsen