Friday, May 2, 2008

3000m

It was the first race that basically every thing went wrong! The track meet started around 3, my race wasn't till 6:00 but it ended up being 7:30ish. I played a game with my friends call high or low. For anyone that doesn't know, in the races coming up you call who is going to win and who is going to come last. Its a fun game! Anyways I started to warm up at 6:15 and knowing it would be really late I went for a light and easy jog to get warm again. You know when its only 8 and its windy and overcast you get kinda cold!!

Well another problem I had was I felt like a bag of garbage, since my parents came to watch I sucked it up and carried on with the warm up. As we lined up for the start of the 3000m race the clouds were dark as if we were going to get a thunderstorm. The gun went off and I ran hard to the front, As we where rounding are first corner it started to not rain but hail. Not the little ones too I'm talked big nut filled mm sized ones. As I was leading out the race at about a 9:30 pace the hail was coming down hard! It was going in are eyes and pelting are faces. I also didn't wear track spikes for the race I just put on running flats so it was super slippy for me. As we hit 4 laps to go thats when things turned for the worst. I stared to feel the cramped feeling again that I had all day and My arms felt like ice cubs. I got dropped off the pace big time. I finshed with a crap time of 9:59. But there is hope with all the weather cramp and ice problems I had, I think i can get back to my 9:15 or my goal of 9:00.

thanks for reading!