Thursday, May 8, 2008

2000m steeple chase!!





Lets just start it off saying its the funnest race in track! For anyone that doesn't know The, steeple chase is a race that is 2000m long and you jump over 4 wooden boards that are about 4 feet off the ground and 1 water pit. Its a hard race but you tent to forget how much you hurt because your having so much fun jumping all over the place!




Now for the race, I took control of the race right away. I set myself up so I was first over the water pit, it was a perfect jump one foot in the water! As I stared to get back up to speed I looked back and there was no one, I was thinking that I took it out a little to hard but I kept running the same pace and every lap my lead got bigger and bigger! All in all it was a good race finished with a time of 6:50, I know I can go 6:40 next time! I proved to myself again that I have what it takes to win, just have to have the right mind set going in! It also helps when you shave your head!! (picture above)