Sunday, April 27, 2008

Running & Swimming

Well I have had 3 solid weeks of training. In my running I've been doing hill repeats faster every time. My running is in solid shape, the thing i need to start working on is running off the bike. I am the worst at this, last year my fastest time off the bike as 17:50 (3:34 pace) for 5km. I know I can throw away 50 seconds easy so I'm going to start doing all my weekend brick workouts by running 30-40 mins off the bike. When June hits I'm going to start doing hard work outs off the bike, like 5 x1km on 4:30. For The past 3 weeks all my running as been a mix of hill repeats or 10km tempo runs. All my run works are 10km or more now. I plane to get to 15km by mid summer.

Swimming is okay right now, did a workout on Saturday morning in a 50m pool. It was a really fun swimming in 50m! Its to bad my left shoulder is still tight! My swimming this week was light & easy . I am very happy that I am using sets that used to kill me back in September as easy/ recovery sets! (6x200m on 3:45) or (15x100m on 2:00)