Friday, May 9, 2008

Always Wear your Helmet!


My face After the crash...i cleaned it up good! :)


Today was the first time on the mountain bike since provincials last year. It started OK I was riding with good flow and control. I entered into this swap section of the course and they made a funky bridge thing that was about a foot wide. As I was coming to the end it had a incline to get over a log. As I went up I kinda freaked out and slammed my breaks I was three feet from the ground and I was now off balance. I try to ride out of it but ended up falling off. I know its such a dumb little mistake that you would think it wouldn't hurt but it was the way I feel. I feel in a way that my face took 90% of the fall onto a big rock. My new $200 Giro Atmos was cracked in 2 places but I'm not to mad because it did save me a trip to the hospital! With out it you never know what could have happened.

I still plane to race My Mountain bike race this weekend!

Keep your helmets on
Karsten