Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The week from hell :(



Last week was the worst week I have had in a long time, I had a cold for the greater part of the week making training impossible. I had a bad feeling all week as if i was forgetting something, but it would never go away. I was on my way to western regional for 2000m steeple chase (or i thought i was) and it turns out we went to the wrong school making me late. We get to Western University where the track meet was but at 3:50. That no good for me because I was running at 3:50 so I got to watch the race. It was a pretty big blow but I was still ready for the race in Milton.


I was going in feeling pretty good but man the swim hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a crap start and lost Andrew Yorkes feet. My arms felt weak due to only swimming 3 times that week. but there was a good side to the swim. I ended up getting faster has the swim went one. I came out of the water with a time of 11:00 (750m) i was shooting for a 10:00 so I was not happy at all! As I mounted my bike I got a bit care less and dropped my bike shoes so thing where just not going my way at all by this point I figured that my bad luck would end, man was I wrong. I got a slow pinch flat and as I turned onto the main road my whole back end fish tailed out I just knew it was a flat. I got off my bike and set it down I just tried to make sense of what happened this week. I then started to walk bad to the transition area and every single person was looking at me but I didn't have to say anything, you could see the frustration on my face. I got back to the race site to take a closer look at my wheel and well with the luck I was having that week I ended up cracking it! My Zipp 808 rear are now being send back to Zipp to be fixed :( Its going to cost me $375 that I don't have!).


I guess this means no more bad luck for me I have had a year supply of bad luck in just one week!
by the way Nice job to Sean, Kyle and Andrew on there top 3 performances also big ups to James Lord on his top 5 finish, good work every one!
I am going to try and update more leading up to Muskoka!
Karsten Madsen