Tuesday, June 10, 2008

pre Muskoka

I put in a hard week of training last week, I focused more on my running off the bike I as doing all my runs in the dead heat(like 34-35). I was doing long runs off the bike and I was doing shorter runs with hill repeats and 1km intervals. I also did a 5km tempo run after doing a hard mountain bike ride (very hard).

My legs are pretty tired so I only swam today. I was flying in the pool today opened the swim with a 1100m I felt strong, even when we did are IM set I didn't get dropped like I always do.

I am looking forward to the Muskoka sprint it's going to be the first triathlon of the year for me(if I can get on the bike with out a flat or something like that) I plane to swim a 10:00 for 750m and I think I can get a av speed of 38-39kmh on the bike. I will be on a draft set up for this race. In the run I want to go under 18:00 its a very hilly run...good for me because I love hills and I have been doing lots of them in the last 2 weeks!! I think this will be my last blog post till after Muskoka.

Also congrats to the Beijing mens Olympic Triathlon team
http://triathloncanada.com/en/newsdetails.ch2?uid=Home&newsarticle_id=2899

Karsten