Sunday, April 20, 2008

What way!!!





Well I kicked off my 2008 race season with a cycle cross race. It started great, me and another guy had a gap on all the other 30km riders. About 5km into the race we connect with the 60km riders, as the other guy and I where focused on pushing the gap bigger and dodging all the slow 60km riders we ended up going off course, there was about +200 that went off courseboth 60km riders and 30km, Me and the other guy followed the norm of people and we payed for it! By the time I got back on course I lost 4 minuets to the leaders! I Also had to go throw a mass of slow people. I then started to put my head down and power I was in about 50Th at this point and I though my day was over. I was so pissed that it happened I started to ride like have never have before. I was blowing by every pack in sight there was no one that could hang on to me. By the end of the race I closed a 4 Minuit gap down to 30 seconds. I also had a nice spill on the last km. I still won my age group and tied for 3rd overall. With out the crash and the going off course that race would have been mine!!!

I really think they should have had the course better marked but in the end who's fault is it really, I'm the one riding the bike so i can't be to mad about it. There was an up side to this race, I saw that I'm 2 times better then I was last year!