Sunday, October 10, 2010

A-fib has been put to rest



Life as of late. I am working 40 hours a week at Pro hockey life as a sales Lead. It is a great job. I am running 50-60km a week and I am just getting back to the pool. I Have started to get myself ready for a very different year of training. I will be doing a lot more warm weather training this year. I have had lots of time to reflect on why things didn't go well in 2010 and for the first time I will share what was really going on.

For the most part of 2010 I was training and racing in fear. Finding out I have a-fib really messed me up. I was so scared of going back into it that I lost most of my goals that I had set out and the suffer and will to train. I just didn't want to go back into it so bad I never wanted to talk about it and tried to sweep it under the rug. I know most people will read this and think its kinda soft but finding out that you have something that could stop what you love doing is hard. For the first time I can say that I feel confident in myself and my ability's. So people can still say that 2010 was a bust year for me, but I know now that it was a huge stepping stone in getting my confidence back in myself and knowing that I have a heart that can still push and take me to victory. I am going to put things in the past now and call it a learning experience. Just like when I was a goalie, if you let in a bad goal shake it off and move on. Just make sure you make the next save.

ps... next year is a come back year, 2010 got nothing on me

Karsten Madsen