Tuesday, July 8, 2008

weekend and stuff

well it as a good weekend of racing, I would like to congratulate Sean Bechtel for winning the Peteborough half iron man and Taking the course record from Wolfgang Gumbel (Wolfgang was not at the race to defend is title). I would also like to congratulate R.J. Ross on his awesome race. This was his first half iron man and he came 3rd.

Training in Hamilton is still going good i am getting faster every time i enter the pool. We did a long and hard swim this morning and every thing was going great we worked alot on pulling the water. the thing that stands out in that swim was the 12x200m (long course) 1. first one easy 2. medium 3. easy 4. strong and that was done 4 time.

Yesterday was a hard bike ride it was 30min warm up then 6x 5mins hard and 5mins easy. I ended up doing Hill repeats on a hill that is about 5:00mins to climb. my tims are...

1. didn't get a time
2. 4:45
3. 4:52
4. 4:57
5. 4:43
6. 4:32

After the second last one I felt done and thought i would have a hard time getting up the hill but i pushed hard and went to a dark dark place and just rode as hard as i could.

My running as come back to life my ankle feels great and i am back to running on grass and road, still not running on trials. i don't plane on running on trails till late July.

Karsten Madsen