Sunday, July 20, 2008

Race

The Triathlon today went alright. I had a slow swim but I have some swim time trials so I didn't want to push to hard. The 750m swim had some chop to it. On the bike there was a big pack. The bike course was changed to a flat out in back rather then doing the hard hill. There was also very little wind on the course making it impossible to drop people on the bike. I av 38.9 for 24 km.

I came off the bike in about 7 place I started the run out kinda slow but I really started to pick it up. I ended up 4th but I got beat by my buddy Michael Keen who was in a different wave, he got me by only 2 seconds (last year he would beat me by 3-4 minutes). We joked that in Guelph lake 2 its going to be a show down, I will have my time trial bike no more of this draft set up. I ended up 5th overall and I am age group provincial champ for 19 and under...haha.

I went into this race wanting to have a good run. I ran 7km in 25:14 3:37 pace pre km. This is my fastest run in a triathlon yet, If last year is anything like this year I will take another 10 seconds off my km pace by mid August. My running had been but on the back burner due to some ankle pain. My ankle is getting better and i am going to start to run hard again but i will be running with an ankle tenser until my ankle is really strong.

Karsten Madsen

race pics will be added soon