Sunday, June 7, 2009

Race Report


So real quick... On Saturday mid day I started to feel my throat getting sore so I wasn't to happy about that. I woke up on Sunday and could not even talk. I had to go down stairs and get a halls and it didn't really help. I still felt energetic and ready to rock. The water was COLD 13.5 and the air temp was only about 12. The swim went really bad I think my sore throat and the cold water made things very very hard to catch my breath and get onto fast feet. I came out with the second chase pack and just hammered the bike with 5 other guys. We tried to get up to the other second bigger pack but could not(they had about (10-15 guy). Came off onto the run and just letter rip. I forgot about my sore throat and just put it up to over drive. I was just passing everyone. I ended up 15th...not the top 10 I was looking for but not a bad start to my first triathlon of the year. I think if I swim like I did in Milton a top 5-8 will be the goal for The next Tech Jr. race.

down side of the race...Very Ugly swim
Up side...Killer run