Monday, October 6, 2008

xc and other running stuff...ohh and swimming starts!!!


So I'll start off talking about my xc race on Friday lets just say thing didn't go as hoped. First off i forgot my food so i was really hungry going into the race and paid for it, I got a cramp after 2km of running with the 3 leaders and dropped back into 5th. I finished in 5th but if I'm on my game I should be able to run with them in CWOSSA. I also did a 3.5km race that had a prize of $100 to the male and female winner. There was also a 10km race that had a $500 for the male and female winners so all the really good runner where in the 10km race. i ended up running 11:30 for 3.5km it had a pretty good up hill that was about 650m to the finish but other then that it was flat. Full results http://www.festivalcityrun.ca/stratford-race-results/festival-city-3.5k.html


Also I have some great news in my running. its been about 5 weeks since I started xc running and i have moved my self down form running a tempo 10km in 38-37 to running them in 34:30-35:00. I think with a good rest I could run 33:30 its a goal lets see if I can do it


Also my first swim starts tommrow at 5:45 i am looking forward for some odd reason.
I also have been enjoying my time more and doing some family and Friend catch up going to some partys and what not. (that's apple juice in the cups ha)
Karsten Madsen