Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The key to my Recovery

Last year I went threw 3 colds all relatively close together so I learned how to fight them. The day I feel a cold coming I start taking Cold-FX a lot of people think it doesn't work but I think it makes the cold less strong and it goes away faster. On the day that the colds at its worst I take some kind of cold medicine that will put me to sleep because you need all the sleep you can get. The next day I will start with doing some kind of activity like a little 20min walk to get some fresh air in you. I also eat/drink lots of vitamin C to help. With the cold i have it came with a sour back which my coach Dr. Len Gushe told me the flu attacks muscle cells inflaming them. I also had a bit of a sour back going in so it made thing that much more painful. The last thing in my recovery is knowing the right time to come back into training. I have learned you only go back into the water when your 100% or you can get the cold again.

I think Tomorrow my body will be ready for a run nothing to hard just something to get me moving.