Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TT and xc





So don't really know where to start so...The night of the time trial i found out i moved up and age group and was racing 17-19 also i was no longer doing 15km i was doing 37km not that big of a deal but still. So I had to change some of my goals. I wanted to average more then 40km but i forgot about the lock out rule i have to lock my caset to 14 (for anyone that doesn't know bikes I am losing my 2 biggest gears. So i made to goal of getting at the 40km average. Ohh and ya hurricane Ike arrived that day so it was windy!! I rode the first half really hard knowing I would have a tale wind pushing me home. On the way back i was in my hardest gear spinning at only 52km- 54km if i had my 2 bigger gears I could have been in the high 50's. I forgot on how much time trialing really hurts. I went balls to the wall for 37 km. I sprinted the last 500m to get a few seconds, but I hurt so bad in the hips (I forgot to tell you I had to move my seat back 3cm!!! to fit the cycling rules) I couldn't pedal they hurt so bad I was having a really hard time walking.


I ended up with a av of 39.7 i was 8th and about 2:30sec a way form bronze. I have had a taste and i want more. I think in a years time i can move that 8th in to a top 3 or I could do some real soul searching as my parents like to call it and see if that's something i would like to forces on (don't worry i already know the answer to that question...triathlon is what i will forces on) I am thinking of a shorter tri season so i have more time to just bike. I would really like to in 2 years time win that race!


As for My xc training things are going good just doing lots of longer runs with one day of speed i plane on making 2 days next week and 3 days that following week.