Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First jr elite race



Well I sucked in my first draft race of the year. I had a slow start to the swim and had a hard time bringing them back. Next time crush the first 100m and get going! I came out of the water with 7 or so guys and as I came into transition I saw Taylor Reid leaving so I just hammered to bridge up to him. Then Taylor and I started to catch people only problem everyone we passed couldn't ride with us. They would hang for a bit maybe take one pull at most. Taylor and I pretty much just rode the whole bike by are self's. Got onto the run and ran pretty good. its hard to run hard when you are racing for like 19th place. Pretty much the same story as Ian Donald...Next race need to crush the swim and I will be much better off.

One good thing came out of this race...On the run I kept getting faster and faster, I cant wait till I can do Olympic. I feel that I have a hard time getting going in the water and run but the longer it is the faster I get. I really really wish I could do an Olympic draft race. To bad there is a rule saying JR's cant race Olympic :s makes a big jump for some people...

Any who I will be in the next trisport race racing the sprint. I am training hard right up till race day so I will be racing with heavy legs should be fun...another short little race.

Also wanted to Say thanks to my Mom and Dad for the support the have given me... I think I am truly lucky to have parents that care as much as they do. I was pretty bummed out about the race and they made me feel better and asked me what do I need to succeed next time. Sometimes its great to have parents that know what your going threw. In the mid to late 90's nobody could beat my dads bike times... and my mom was probably one of the best duathletes Ontario has had. Both my parents have done Ironman Canada so they know what its like to train hard and put up big hours.

Thanks
Karsten Madsen