Saturday, January 30, 2010

In and out of A-fib



I don't want to spend to much time talking about it but on Wednesday I went into A-fib for anyone who doesn't know what a-fib is its short for Atrial Fibrillation. I went to the hospital later that day to make sure I was in a-fib. After confirming I was in A-fib the doctor thought I should stay the night and see if I come out on my own witch I didn't so later the next day they tried drugs. They also didn't work and my heart heart started to rise I would be laying in bed at a heart rate of 90-109 and I would go to sit up and it would jump all the way up to 130-175. I saw another Doctor who was great by the way and he decide that I was going to be Cardioverted. So at 2:00pm on Thursday good old Ontario hydro put me back in to sinus rhythm. right before I was going to get cardioverted I was pretty nervous, happy, scared so many things ran threw my mind. I have talked to many people about how it would effect my training and Doctor Len Gushe says to keep my training up so that's what I will do. Its just something I am going to live with and have to watch closely. I still plan on doing all the races and training camps that I had planned.