Tuesday, August 5, 2008

PEI Triahtlon


C3 Jr in PEI
(left to right) Mark, Taylor, Me, Connor
My new Guru



Well another draft Triathlon is done and another ok result. I had a bad swim making a dumb choice of feet to swim on. I looked up and saw i was gaped by the pack so i tried to get back in the draft but it was to late i swam on my own till about the last 50 meters of the swim. I got out of the water and started my attack.

I got in to a pack with Taylor Reid and a few other people. Taylor and I were the only ones that really knew how to ride in a pack so we did most of the work. Are pack went form about 8-9 to 3 of us so I had to do all the work to keep the speed up, I got sick off them just sitting on my wheel so i broke off the front and just ran a 5k i was really pissed about my swim and disappointed where i was in the race so it was hard to push my self.

I know my swimming was really off that day, it was nothing like the swim I had in provincials but that's draft racing you can't make any dumb moves you will pay for it in this race it was making it into the last pack rather then chase pack. At nationals i am going to have a different game plane so i don't have the same thing happen like i did at this race. I want to lead out chase pack at nationals. I have the fitness and the determination to do it.