Thursday, April 1, 2010

fitness!!!






As the race season gets closer its time to start doing the work. i had a great time in Arizona build up alot of fitness. I had one little problem when i was down in Arizona on the Tuesday I got down I pulled an intercostal muscle on the right rib cage. It really bugged me on the Wednesday but I just took some Advil and trucked on. Its all back to normal again. Thanks to Dave(dragon), Sean(falcon) and Nat(dream crusher)for a great time in arizona pumped for them to get back and training with them agian!

This week has really been a stand out for me.

swimming- I did a 14x100m on 1:25m when I first saw that was are main set I didn't really know what to think but I started them easy swimming the first 5 of them in 1:17ish then the next 5 I was down around 1:15 then the last 4 was when I started to feel it but still swimming fast around 1:16 to 1:17. I think my stroke is really coming along because that set did not hurt as much as it used to.

running- 30 min warm up then 5x1km on 5:00min with 10 cool down and some core. I really didn't know how this one would go. It was only my second speed workout of 2010.

1.2:54
2.2:56
3.2:59
4.3:03
5.2:56

if you are wondering what happened on the 4th one in the last 400m I felt kind sick but turned it around. I was really pumped about my fitness I thought I would be around 3:10-3:05 for them. This is the fastest I have ever ran for this kind of workout. Last year when I thought I has at my best I did 5x1km on 6:00min so extra min of rest and i would only running just under 3:00. Not a bad way to start spring!!

I am really starting to get pumped about the race season I am putting together my race season today. Also one of my suits is ready! Once again big thanks to Kiwami! really pumped to start racing in there suit this year!