Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Passing of One of the best guys in Endurance sport


Jerry with David Sharratt in Guelph lake 1 2008

It is with sadness and shock of the sudden passing of Jerry Friesen this morning – November 2nd, 2011

I know most elites that have raced in the trisport triathlons always loved getting off the bike in 1st to have Jerry Friesen lead the way. I can recall a time at the Niagara triathlon biking way to hard and hurting on the run. He was the guy telling me to run faster, the guys are coming. So I would pick up the pace and hold the guys off, and sure enough i hung on the win my first Trisport race. All thanks to his motivation! Before that race I had lost the lead on the run in a few other races before Niagara 2009 and he said this time you have to win!

I am sure everyone has a story of a good times with Jerry Friesen weather it was at his awesome running Races or the triathlon's he was one of the best promters of heathy living and he will be missed by all in the endurance sport community around Ontario!